Friday, June 26, 2009

Breakfast shmeckfast

With cereal, toast, English muffins, bagels and coffee (because I don't like it black) cut out of my diet, I've recently struggled to think of anything to eat other than eggs. Plus, I worried about the cholesterol I was inflicting upon my body with a consistent two eggs every day.

But I found the solution! YOGURT! And it kills yeasties too (for when I slip up and accidentally find that some chocolate fell into my belly and feeds the beast).

Today's concoction was finally a success, because I don't like plain yogurt, but honey doesn't blend with everything. I mixed a bowl of yogurt with a drizzle of honey and a handful of pistachios and suddenly it felt like I was in Israel again.

Just a note, I know many people on the Candida diet don't eat honey, but I do. Honey, like yogurt, has lots of beautiful properties like being antimicrobial, antibiotic, and antifungal. According to Whole Foods, honey doesn't act like a regular sugar. In fact, our bodies (and even those bodies with diabetes) seem to benefit much more from honey than plain old sugar.

Additionally, the intuitive healer who first told me to stay off yeast and sugar three years ago told me honey was good for me. I followed her advice for about a year and felt great but started slipping to the point where I was miserable (i.e. a month ago). So I think her advice is pretty sound. Plus, her knowledge on the subject is much more extensive than a few internet articles.

Any other yeast-free, sugar-free breakfast ideas out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment