Friday, June 12, 2009

False Security

Lulled into a sense of false security by last week's success, I thought it was all over and I could go back to living a normal life. That reasoning is so wrong for so many reasons.

I cheated. Two chopsticks full of peanut butter (yes, it took quite a bit of skill to do that) managed to get in my belly a couple days ago, and I've already seen some changes back to the dark side. The trend continued today with a sneaky bite of my husband's granola. *sigh* Immediately, a rash came back on my knees and I feel exhausted and cranky. Ok, the last bit might be from lack of sleep, but the rash is a sure sign that the allergy is still alive.

It's taking a bit of trouble to really really get into my head that this is not a "diet." That word connotes a short-term goal with usually superficial results. My yeast-free/sugar-free eating habits needs to be a lifestyle for me. The lust for sweets and bread will cease eventually, and if I can just keep telling myself that and keeping it one day at a time, my body will certainly be healthier for it.

Even if it turns out that I'm all wrong about my allergy, I will be making my life better by cutting out empty calories, eliminating scary sugar roller coasters of energy-bursts and depression, slimming my waistline, and cramming lots of veggies into my tummy.

I can do it. This is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment