Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 4!

Some dewiness has come back to my skin, and my eyelids are no longer puffy and scaly.

I'm craving sugar pretty badly (mostly fruit juice actually) and wonder if I cheated by eating cherry tomatoes for breakfast and dinner... Does it help that they were sauteed or baked?

And what's the ruling on french fries?

I was previously told by an intuitive healer (who was amazingly accurate and life changing) that I was only restricted from eating yeast, cane sugar, coffee and chocolate (which is the hardest), and only for a year at that. She specifically said that honey was ok because it's treated like a protein in our bodies. She also said that green leafy things were my best friend. Still, for these first few weeks back on the diet I'm trying to be really careful and cut out all sugars (even trying to eliminate fruit sugars and simple sugars found in wheat products for now) so really really "kill" the yeasties, if that's in fact what's wrong with me.

Hopefully in three weeks I'll munch on a piece of bread and see if it all comes flooding back.

My energy is up too! I woke up before the hubbie and was wide awake.

Today's easy recipe for dinner was baked salmon with cherry tomatoes (goodness I hope that's not cheating):

Place salmon fillet in a sheet of aluminum foil.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
Cover with thinly sliced cross sections of garlic (Chinese trick used to absorb fishy flavors and smells).
Cover with slices of cherry tomatoes.
Top with a fresh basil leaf.
Wrap the fish in foil and seal tightly so juices won't escape.
Bake for 10-20 minutes.

I know this recipe isn't exact, but exactness isn't exacltly my thing. Sorry the length of time and heat for baking is so obscure. My kitchen only has a tiny baking tray (so fat slices of fish don't fit, nor do fat now-illegal-slices of bread), no timer, and no indication of temperature other than a little line that gets fatter around the dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment