Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 6

Went to the doctor today to get an allergy test done for yeast. In Japan (because that's where I live). Apparently, they don't test for yeast here, so they're testing my blood for a beer allergy instead because it's the closest thing. Luckily, with awesome Japanese health insurance, it doesn't cost that much so I won't be disappointed if it tells me nothing.

I read somewhere that eating plain yogurt is really good for people suffering with yeast allergies. In fact, in trying to find more information about the subject, several sites popped up with tips on turning freezing yogurt into popsicles to be inserted into the body (*ahem*) as a cure for yeast infections.

If you still have your appetite, here's a recipe for a Persian dish my god-mom used to make me all the time. It's very cool and refreshing and perfectly compliments hot food on hot days.

1 32 oz. container of plain yogurt
2 tbs. minced mint (or dill, but I like mint better)
1 large seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare mint, cucumber (removing seeds if necessary to get rid of wateriness) and garlic. Mix into yogurt. Add salt and peppers to taste. Let sit covered in fridge overnight.

Try eating it with warm Persian dill or saffron rice. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment